Original insights into the sources of Alfred Wallis’s imagery and research into his seagoing days and life in St Ives, with a foreword by Jovan Nicholson.
- High quality 250 page production in both hard-cover and soft-cover versions.
- Over 260 illustrations of paintings and period photographs.
- Includes images of paintings from public collections and little-known paintings from private collections.
- Original interpretation of the sources of Wallis’s imagery drawn from the Cornish landscape and coast; from ports he knew and events he had witnessed.
- An understanding of merchant shipping and the Cornish fishing industry of the period.
- The author questions the perceived view of Wallis and gives a fresh insight into the artist’s character through correspondence and transcriptions from recorded memories of people who knew Wallis.
Alfred Wallis: Artist and Mariner (3rd Edition) is available to purchase direct and signed by the author from: http://alfredwallis.robertjonesartist.com
Alfred Wallis: Artist and Mariner (3rd Edition) is also available from:
Buy this softback book through Amazon.co.uk
Buy this hardback book through Amazon.co.uk